An honest look at today's latest blockbusters, DVD rentals, and TV shows from two ordinary Janes

Monday, February 18, 2008

LOST: The Catchup.



Well, I've taken on quite an endeavor. I'm in the midst of catching up on the hit tv show LOST. You know, the one where a plane crashes on and island? There's a computer and pressing some button sequence saves the world?

There's also that little side bit that it's filmed entirely in Hawaii, but you know, whatever. :D

My older brother bought season one when that set came out like, 2-3 years ago, to see what the buzz was about. Dude. We put it in, and it was over. Of course, my job kind of makes it hard to keep up, so I fell behind. 2 seasons behind. Luckily, my brother had bought season 2 a long long time ago as well. Until recently, it just sat in my room. But I picked it up again upon hearing that Season 3's finale was "awesome."

So, here I am catching up.

It took me about a week or so to watch season 2. Just a DVD a day. Then now, I'm onto Netflix. I've just watched the first two DVDs of Season 3, but I have to wait on the 3rd DVD, b/c I'm quite sure I haven't received it.

The show is still incredible. I knew certain people would die, (Ana, Eko--quite incredible, that was) and I just bawled over Libby. Seriously bawled.

I heard about Charlie on accident when I flipped through a TV guide, but the 2nd DVD revealed that too me again, but he hasn't kicked the bucket yet, so I'll save my tears for then, I suppose.

All in all, I'm enjoying myself. I'm on a little break from the LOST marathon, so I think I will finally get to watching "Heima" by Sigur Ros and "Lord Don't Slow Me Down" by Oasis. Both are tour DVDs.

As far as Netflix goes, I have more tv DVD sets. After LOST, it will be Flight of the Conchords (2 DVDs), then Homestarrunner DVDs (I might take those off, as I could just watch them online as well), then a LOT of The Office. First, it'll be US Season 3 (the aftermath of the Jim/Pam kiss), then the UK Season 1 and 2.

It will be a little while until I get a proper movie in, but according to my Netflix queue, that will be 'Empire Records,' 'The 40-year-Old Virgin,' 'The Motorcycle Diaries,' and 'Amelie.'

Anyway, that will be it for now. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Almost Vegetarian said...

I am so doing Lost addiction these days. In fact, it seems to be the only TV show I try to watch with any regularity.

And I blame that on Netflix which I, too, adore.

Cheers!

1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home