An honest look at today's latest blockbusters, DVD rentals, and TV shows from two ordinary Janes

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Aeon Flux - Trailer


Trinity Redux

Okay, is it just me or does the new Aeon Flux movie look a bit lame? I remember watching some of the cartoon on MTV a while back and remember that although it was a bit weird, it kept me interested. Aeon Flux was a hard bodied agent of some sort in this post-apoctalyptic world who went on missions and battled weird looking creatures and even weirder looking people. I remember though she was insanely flexible, but not perfect since sometimes she died right after her missions, and was handy with her guns. I don't understand why she'd show up during the next episode if she died in some of them, but whatever. And she kept getting that fly trapped in her eyelashes for some reason, but that's another story.

The new movie looks fine as an action story, but is something I'd expect to see on the Sci-Fi channel. The special effects look sub-par, nothing that I haven't seen on TV before. The story doesn't seem to match up with anything in the series. In the movie, Aeon Flux is part of an order that instructs her to assassinate some chancelor guy that doesn't really seem all that evil. In the cartoon, I never really remembered Aeon working with anyone. She was more a lone wolf. AND Charlize Theron looks a bit too "soft" to play the role of Aeon. Her facial features aren't as chisled as Aeon's, Aeon had those hair weird curls AND Charlize has a layered-Hollywood haircut, and Aeon's outfit had more material on the top and less on the bottom where Charlize's is like a Matrix-Trinty knock off. I really don't mind the outfit though. When watching the series, I thought Aeon should cover up a bit more.

Well, I guess might watch the movie anyway. We'll see what's available in the theaters by the time it premieres. I'm not keeping my hopes up though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Juvs said...

i was always curious to how they'd do aeon flux. i wonder who trevor is?

2:22 AM

 
Blogger YRG said...

Yes, I agree it looks lame. Just another Hollywood rip off to make a buck. I guess MTV didn't pay Peter Chung enough back in his salad days. He made that Alexander the Great bit of nonsense too. I'm really disappointed in him lately. The best thing he's done recently was his piece in The Animatrix, but it was way too short.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger missbhavens said...

I have fond memories of watching "Liquid Television", seeing episodes of Aeon Flux and saying "ummm...huh?". I haven't seen the trailer, but a scattered, surreal, episodic, sci-fi animated series with no dialogue that's over ten years old seems like an odd choice for a movie. Well, Charlize will cetainly create the "Ooooh, Doesn't she have such a wide range of acting talent!!"-type buzz-AGAIN-and pretty much everyone digs black bodysuits.

For her sake I really hope that mining movie goes well, because if AF doesn't, for her or no one will take her seriously ever again.

12:20 PM

 
Blogger missbhavens said...

ok--just found the trailer online...and I think it has a terrific, original look to it. But I won't be able to get past the cheezy action movie script or the fact that there's...a script.

12:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home